• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can anyone Help me to boost the performance of my computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kingme

Registered
Im a newbie here and i dont much about computer
last oct i setup a computer and here is the specs

Inter C2Q 8400 [email protected]
Asus P5Kpl AM SE
Apacer 2Gig 800Mhz
Nvidia 9500GT 1Gig
LG 19 Inch

please could anyone give a suggestion to boost the performace of my computer

any reply will be a big help for me tnx

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Last edited:
OP
K

kingme

Registered
joeteck tnx dude but did i purchase a low class specs for my computer?and also i dont know much about computers but what is C1E?

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
G31 is a budget chipset, yes. But it should still overclock at least a little.

C1E - is a power saving option for the CPU and it lowers the clock speed (multiplier).

OP
K

kingme

Registered
yes sometimes it will go 2.66GHZ @ 2.68GHZ when im viewing the VTUNE for the Temperature of my CPU and Fan Performace

Joeteck

Retired
joeteck tnx dude but did i purchase a low class specs for my computer?and also i dont know much about computers but what is C1E?

LOL...no. C1E, is thermal (heat) and power consumption control. If your CPU is idle, no need to run full bore at 2.66Ghz doing nothing. C1E, throttles your CPU. This option is in your BIOS. If you disable it, you'll run 2.66Ghz all the time

OP
K

kingme

Registered
and also guys i have a big problem when im playing a batman arkham asylum my computer will have a blue screen and restarted automatic what is that?is that a hardware failure?

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
It could be a few things...

What power supply brand and wattage do you have?

Did you happen to notice the temps on your CPU or videocard around the time it blue screened on you?

Joeteck

Retired
and also guys i have a big problem when im playing a batman arkham asylum my computer will have a blue screen and restarted automatic what is that?is that a hardware failure?

seems you have other issues.. Need to record the error message.. and post it. Or google it yourself.... ;):clap:

OP
K

kingme

Registered
PSU is just only a generic one it came with the computer casing which is power logic casing ang PSU 550W only,,im thinking about before i Over clock my CPU and RAM it would be better if im gonna upgrade first my PSU or memory?what do you think?

OP
K

kingme

Registered
Temp of my GPU?i dont know wer to check it..i can just only view the temperature from my VTUNE is that the GPU temp? its 54 C it never go 60 or higher

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
I wouldnt worry about the memory just yet. You have until 400FSB to even get to you memories stock speed (if you are on 1:1 ratio that is). Anything after 400FSB (or DDR2 800) then you are 'overclocking' the ram too.

That board should be able to get you to at least 3.2Ghz though seeing as how its rated for 1600Mhz (400FSB = 'quad pumped'). If you started reading the guide, you can see that FSB x cpu multiplier (which in your case is 8 and down) = clockspeed. So 333x8=2.667Ghz. 400x8= 3.2Ghz... See?! :)

Use Realtemp or Coretemp for CPU temps. As far as GPU, I think you can use EVGA Precision for that (its also a tool to overclock your GPU/Video card).

Download and install CPUz, post screenshots of the first tab, memory tab, and speed tabs.

OP
K

kingme

Registered
Ok ok I will post it later earth because im not at home im still working now and im on office i cannot post the specs of my computer..you guys are big help to me tnxx alot i will post it later. :)

OP
K

kingme

Registered
Earth What is that again?what software should download to get the memory speed and speed tabs??

OP
K

kingme

Registered
ok thank you for that i alraedy download the CPU-Z but how about the Real temp or Core Temp?which is much more recommeded the Real Or the Core? Tnx