• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can anyone identify this fan??????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jgaud

MANU: ETRI france, specs: 120v consuming 40/42watts,1.5" thick X 5.75 across, RPMs ?
DBs: not that loud, this thing pushes some serious air!if anyone could give me some idea of the CFMs this fan potentialy produces OH YEAH PRICE: free
openfriday ihope your free fans are as good as this one!!!!!!!!!!

If the fan is good, then it can monitor the RPMs it is putting out. Hook it up to your MOBo and theck the RPMs in the bios. Then you should be able to calculate the airflow.

where on my mobo is there a 120 conneccct ????????I thought it was all essentially 12 volts thanks! first i hve to mod the case.

120mm fan vary a lot in their output. My guess is somewhere in between 75 and 100 CFM.

Have anymore info on the fan? If there is a part number on the fan motor you should be able to find it's specs at the manufacturers website.

I got one of these fans out of a very old desktop, and was never able to find any specs for it. It does pump some serious air quietly. I am currently using it as a main intake on a full tower. Also, to power it you'll either have to run a relay, tamper inside your PSU, or run a separate 120v ac line.

stool (Mar 26, 2001 11:09 p.m.):
I got one of these fans out of a very old desktop, and was never able to find any specs for it. It does pump some serious air quietly. I am currently using it as a main intake on a full tower. Also, to power it you'll either have to run a relay, tamper inside your PSU, or run a separate 120v ac line.

i found little info on the web site fan must be too old as best a guess as i could make comparing other etri products it produces about 2-250 cfm and runs about 70 dbs exposed she does pump! watch yer fingers!
ETRI[url="http://www.etrinet.com]HERE[/url]

jgaud (Mar 27, 2001 04:11 a.m.):
stool (Mar 26, 2001 11:09 p.m.):

i found little info on the web site fan must be too old as best a guess as i could make comparing other etri products it produces about 2-250 cfm and runs about 70 dbs exposed she does pump! watch yer fingers!
ETRI[url="http://www.etrinet.com]HERE[/url]

Are you sure about that 70 dbs. that is very loud.

stool (Mar 28, 2001 01:10 a.m.):
70 dba isn't right. These are very quiet fans.

well i had to do it, i was in the shack, and it is on sale and i allways wanted one. so i bought one (Sound level meter)ive justified it enough to myself, i hope i convinced you all. I believe tthe meter is accurate its an analog meter, not digi(too much $$$). At three feet aimed directly at the source of the noise(fan) I was reading 70 dbs the same for both weight scales, on slow reponse, in a quiet carpeted room, no background interference. this is without the filter or plastic cover on. I hope to have a camera soon! If you have any ideas how i can make it a little noisier!!! please LOL Then again the fan does as best i can research, better than200+ cfm

stool (Mar 28, 2001 01:10 a.m.):
70 dba isn't right. These are very quiet fans.

well i had to do it, i was in the shack, and it is on sale and i allways wanted one. so i bought one (Sound level meter)ive justified it enough to myself, i hope i convinced you all. I believe tthe meter is accurate its an analog meter, not digi(too much $$$). At three feet aimed directly at the source of the noise(fan) I was reading 70 dbs the same for both weight scales, on slow reponse, in a quiet carpeted room, no background interference. this is without the filter or plastic cover on. I hope to have a camera soon! If you have any ideas how i can make it a little noisier!!! please LOL Then again the fan does as best i can research, better than200+ cfm

Back