• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can double up on fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amaesing

Registered
Hi all, my air flow is okay, my temps are at: mobo:28-30, and cpu: 40-45. I wanted to know if I could put two fans or stack another fan on my Alpha 8045 to get my temps down? I have two 80mm panaflo's one intake and one exhaust. and a high cfm sunon blowing in on the alpha(tried both ways, and blowing in drops 2 degrees for me. Can I add another fan on top of that?

Let me know, thanks

You could try it and see but I recall reading somewhere that this works worse than 1 fan. I believe they "choke" each other.

Wow, didn't know that, k, i won't stack them. Instead should i get a better exhaust or intake fan? Both panaflo's have the same rate.

Its one on top of another like right on top, the air current would start fighing and get no where, if their fairly far apart then its ok. You can make an air duct above the CPU Fan like that, just not close.

Dont put them right next to each other, that wont work well. Instead make a duct in between them, if you have the space that is.

Last edited:
Back