• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I Delete an application in Registry Editor???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxwedge

I'm Having a problem.....I can't uninstall or reinstall a game. I'm wondering if I delete all the files in windows and delete the file in the registry, under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then under SOFTWARE, will I then be able to reinstall the game correctly? Is there any place else to look?

I've been pulling my hair out big time! I created more partitions with partition magic and then moved stuff around creating big problems. But I got it all fixed except for this game! Just can't figure it out!:mad:

Thanks

I've never messed with the registry before and I think I have a tech artical about backing it up. I'll have to dig it up. I guess if I make a back up of system state in windows, thats about the same. I'll give it a shot....Thanks.

Well that 1st Idea didn't work....good thing I backed it up! Any way I got it fixed....looked up tech support for the game...du! They had an answer du!:rolleyes: Seems so simple now.

For anyone's info, if you have a program you can't get rid of pull up the registry editer then go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\microsoft\windows\
current version\uninstall..........
then select the key, (folders on far left), to the software. A lot of the keys have names....the ones with only numbers you can click on them and the name of the app should show on the right pannel.

Next delete the key for the software the delete the files in the windows directory and start menu.

Now reinstall the software.:beer: :D

Back