• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can i get some info about the 2600+ Barton?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PiMpShiN

I've been reading some good results in some sigs with the 2600+ Barton processors and by what some people have told me, so i would like to get as much information about them as possible.

I would like to know what kinds of steppings should i be looking for if i want to get one and any extra helpful information if possible.

polarys425

i really doubt your gonna find a barton to OC at your current level. its really hit and miss. i keep trying to find another that will just match my 0310 WPMW at 2568 and i keep getting disappointed. the barton i got recently turned out to be a dud. it took 2.0v to do 2400, and wasnt at all happen about it.

OP
PiMpShiN

PiMpShiN

well i have found a bunch of unlocked ones im my area but i just want to know what are the best steppings for a 2600+ barton core.

Gautam

Senior Benchmark Addict
Generally, keep on the lookout for higher letters. An AQZFA would probably do better than an AQYFA, for example. But this is just a trend, and doesn't guarantee anything. If possible, buy a few and test them against each other.

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
PiMpShiN said:
what was the whole point of moving the thread? was it really necessary?

Probably the same reason that dumd old library puts all the History books in one section, the Medical books in another section, the Cook books in still another section...

Y'know, just to P.O. people who can't be bothered with learning how the library is arranged. :)

I have an AQZFA 0337 2600. Unlocked and a pretty good overclocker, though my locked 2500 AQYHA 0348 overclocks better.

Hoot

OP
PiMpShiN

PiMpShiN

but putting it in just the cpu section would let alot more people to see the thread. the AMD is just a subcategory, i thought about it.
when people click on the cpu like they may not be going to the AMD section but they may have information to contribute.

maxima88

I also go straight to the AMD CPU section since I'm only interested in AMD info.

That's exactly why they broke the CPU forum into the 2 categories.

The XP2600+ barton will o/c just like any XP2500+ barton. Some o/c better than the others. It's just the luck of the draw.