• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I Go Any Further?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Snagle

I just built my first PC a few weeks ago (see sig for specs) and after getting my Vantec Aeroflow installed I couldn't resist overclocking. My Barton came locked but people have said my mobo should unlock it automatically so I have tried setting the multiplier up to 11.5 and saving the bios. When I reboot back into the bios it still has the multiplier set at 11.5 but then if I start windows and go into CPUZ it shows the multiplier as 11 and my speeds are the same, so I figure it isn't unlocking. The processor is at 11x200 now, would it be worth it to up the FSB anymore to 210 or so? I moved the RAM settings to 2.5-3-3-7 from 2.5-3-3-8 and I've heard that's as low as this type of Corsair can get, can anyone confirm that? If so then the only other options I see that might have some effect on speed are the voltages for the RAM and AGP and also the memory frequency. Am I missing some settings that could let me go faster or have I reached my peak? Right now my MBM gives me a readout of 37/48 C for my processor idle/load and my case is about 34/42. I'll be adding a 120mm Panaflo intake next week so cooling shouldn't be that much of an issue. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Your barton is not unlocked. All the non mobile bartons are locked unfortunatly.

Up the fsb- give the ram some more voltage.
Also, what motherboard is this?

well you have no sig so its kinda hard to answer :p

but 200fsb is by far not as far as you can go..keep cranking it if temps allow and you got more headroom for vcore!

nealric said:
Your barton is not unlocked. All the non mobile bartons are locked unfortunatly.

all desktop Bartons before week 39 of 03 are unlocked. GL finding one though

Oops I guess sig isnt working but anyways heres the specs:

2500+ at 11x200 at 1.7v
Shuttle AN35N-Ultra
ATI Sapphire 9800PRO at 9800XT speeds
Corsair Value Select 3200 512MB

you might wanna lower the size font of your sig so as im not blinded. and keep upping the fsb till your mem wont take anymore...consair is good you shouldent have to much of a problem hitting 220, if you losen up the timings a bit.

okay you reduced your font size. :thup:

and dont be afraid to pump the volts into them Bartons they love it :p aslong as you keep em cool n happy.

Good luck, let us know how it worked out, im off to bed

yeah thx for not flaming me while I get the noob kinks out :)

If I were to up the voltage on the AGP would that allow me to pump the clock and memory speeds up even more on the 9800PRO?

Same idea with the RAM; could I keep those low CAS settings if I upped the memory voltage a step or two?

well I ordered the 2500 from newegg about a month ago. Because newegg goes through processor shipments like water I probably had a one in a million chance of getting one made before week 39 of last year :(

Oh well, multipliers schmultipliers :)

Snagle said:
yeah thx for not flaming me while I get the noob kinks out :)

If I were to up the voltage on the AGP would that allow me to pump the clock and memory speeds up even more on the 9800PRO?

Same idea with the RAM; could I keep those low CAS settings if I upped the memory voltage a step or two?

I wouldn't recommend playing with AGP voltage. Theoretically it can increase your overall overclock on the card, but it can also fry the card. If you want a faster overclock, get some after market cooling for both the GPU and RAM, and you'll get higher clocks.

Back