• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I improve this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCGUY112887

Can I improve this much? Aside from cutting grills and cable management, what else do you think may be a good idea? I don't want to add a lot of noise, and I don't have any room left on my fan controler but I could still run 1 more fan (more if needed). I also don't want to spend a lot of money, just trying to get the most air going through my case for the cheapest price.

I was thinking about makeing room for a 120mm in the front of my case becuse I am going to have to rip out my front I/O ports anyways. Most cases have some sort of slot or something on the bottom to allow air to be sucked through the front bezel. Mine has NOTHING it's TOTALLY sealed., so I am going to cut through the I/O front panel and through the bottom to make my own place to suck air... and just leave the panel door closed :p But what would I do with my current 92mm that is there? I can move it... but unless I make a blow hole (which I didn't really want to do) I can't think of a place for it. I COULD make a blow hole but I really didn't want to chop on that nice brushed aluminum finish.

Attachments

• cooling.jpg
    cooling.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 65
OP
PCGUY112887

PCGUY112887

Also maybe somenoe has an idea on what I could do about dust? Right now my PC SUCKS dust, but I don't want to add a filter that is going to make noise/greatelly lower CFM/or look like too with my glowing fans....

OP
PCGUY112887

PCGUY112887

Well right now DIMM 1 is at 32.8*C, DIMM 2 is at 31.8C, CPU is at 33*C, case is at 25*C, and the hard drives are at like 33*C. I already plan on cutting the case for more airflow and less noise. And as soon as I get my 6800 my second hard drive is comming out and I will be able to move a lot of cables out of the way.. but most of them are already out of the way.

Snagle

Those temps are nice for being on air! I wouldn't be too concerned about making a ton of improvements. A few days ago I added a 120mm panaflo M1A to the front bezel area and it did help drop my temps a couple degrees but my setup wasn't as good as your current one is so I'm not sure how much improvement you'd see.

w00p

About dust, the famous stocking fan filter even stops a bit of noise, hardly stops any CFM, stops nearly all dust, is easy to clean and lets light through with no problems at all.

The only thing you should decide on is where to place it...
You could place it inside the case, behind the fan, this way the fan and its shiny grill will be "naked" as in you can see them perfectly. No worries about lights then.
Though I'm afraid that would raise noise.
Another option is to put the stocking infront of your fan grill and fold it around the 4 edges where you screw the grill on.
Then screw the grill on with the stocking on it.
This way, you prevent noise, but unfortunately, its butt ugly...
pro's: its easy to clean, prevents dust and noise
con's: it prevents sexy case lookings and light...