• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I install FAH on my FreeNas ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

As the title states is it possible you install FAH on my freenas os . Really only want to fold on the GPU(s) as I want the CPU for PLEX trans-coding . This isn't something I plan on doing today ( well I guess I could) but more for my future build trying to plan out if freenas will keep up with my needs or do I need to bite the bullet and figure out how to ZFS on a linux install .

This is my pipe dream system, I am trying to find a nice mid sized side job so I can just order it .
Fractal Design Define R5
Intel Xeon E3-1220V3 Haswell 3.1GHz
ASRock C226 WS ATX Server Motherboard
Crucial 32GB (2 x 16GB) 240-Pin DDR3 ECC
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 250GB

That MB has 3 pcie slots I would like to fill with used 660ti - 770gtx era cards for ~150k - 200k PPD

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
freenas" I think is based on FreeBSD and if memory serves the FreeBSD forums have a folding section the their forums so you should be able to.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
I would be a little worried about the drop in performance due to losing the cores that does the ZFS actions. But as I understand it ZFS will/is built into the newest Ubuntu if you wanted to go that route.

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
As the title states is it possible you install FAH on my freenas os . Really only want to fold on the GPU(s) as I want the CPU for PLEX trans-coding . This isn't something I plan on doing today ( well I guess I could) but more for my future build trying to plan out if freenas will keep up with my needs or do I need to bite the bullet and figure out how to ZFS on a linux install .

This is my pipe dream system, I am trying to find a nice mid sized side job so I can just order it .
Fractal Design Define R5
Intel Xeon E3-1220V3 Haswell 3.1GHz
ASRock C226 WS ATX Server Motherboard
Crucial 32GB (2 x 16GB) 240-Pin DDR3 ECC
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 250GB

That MB has 3 pcie slots I would like to fill with used 660ti - 770gtx era cards for ~150k - 200k PPD

No but I'm sure your going to try :)