• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I use my Gigabyte 2080Ti 11G card with a GPU water block?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dsgabrielson

Hey all,

I'm just starting to consider water cooling my PC with a custom loop and I have a beginner question. I have a Gigabyte RTX 2080Ti with all the fancy fans etc. I bought it before I even considered going down the custom loop road but now I am wondering if I could remove all the fans etc. and install an EK Vector waterblock and water cool it. Does anyone know? I would really appreciate a push in the right direction here.

Thanks,
Dave

Need to find your exact model, including the model number (will start with GV-...) and select it in the EK Cooling Configurator. Some cards use different PCB layouts, and they may not have made a waterblock for them yet.

If your RTX 2080 Ti is a reference design, then the EK Vector will fit okay. I just did this with an EVGA RTX 2080 Ti. Read my thread about my misadventures. If you know the pitfalls ahead of time, it'll make installing it easier. Like Z said, EK has a page that lists all the cards that are compatible.

Back