• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I use the iGPU while folding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaymz9350

Just decided to fire back up after a long break. Is it possible to use the onboard graphics when I'm just surfing watching videos and such and only use the cards while gaming, this is for the system in my sig on Win 10 and my monitor runs off DP but I can use DVI for iGPU and just switch sources.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
My first thought is, I don't know. My second thought is, maybe.

Skipping ahead, my fourth thought is, it shouldn't matter. Leave the GPU folding and browse the web like normal. The amount of GPU cycles needed for general browsing will not impact your ppd by any noticeable amount.

OP
jaymz9350

jaymz9350

I did finally get it figured out and yes it's possible. It took a while to figure out how to even get the iGPU working as I've never used it so it was disabled in the BIOS and no drivers. While you're probably right about it not mattering much it's there so may as well try.