• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can someone give me advice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rhino56

im looking to buy a couple cases for gaming comps.
ive looked at the lian li which is a very nice case but a little more for modification experts and no bling to it.

i like clear windows and lights inside, not really looking for a christmas tree on the front or what looks like a new style tennis shoe like some of them. i got a enermax with the flower type window and that was cool but it comes with a 350 PS and im looking at 400+ PS.
heres what i would like it to look like.

clear window of some type, 400 ps+ or none at all.
id like to have a thermo control for the fans with the digital read out
can you help me?

dalilman52

ive got the perfect case for you, my friend has one, its really nice the x-superalien has the manual-controlled fan...thermal-controlled fans arent very effective, unless placed in a very high-heat environment like a psu or on a heatsink, for case cooling, thermal controlled is not effective. the x-superalien also has the temp readouts for cpu and hdd (but u can place them anywhere)

Ltfalcon9700

Registered
Ya i just got a X-Alien..... there about the same as the superalien but they dont have the manual-controlled fan or all the uv fans. but you dont realy need all that stuff. and its like $150. All the alien cases come with a power supply (but there realy crapy, so i just bought a better one). The X-alien is also much cheaper. I got mine at www.newegg.com for only $95. If you realy want a thermal moniter i would just buy one sepratly.

glock19owner

Honestly...the Lian Li's are pretty easy to mod and easy to screw up when modding...and they honestly are not worth the extra money...I have a LI-65B with a factory window...that was the first to go...too thin to mod any window fans into it...and the so called lower temps from the all alum. case if hype...my steel case ran just *** cool as my 65B does...

OP
rhino56

rhino56

ill see if i can get a pic of the enermax i got before. i kinda liked that one but it only comes with a 35 watt ps

dalilman52

P2P said:
try looking at thermaltake cases too they are cool

If you consider "cool" over-priced and low-quality :D i would never buy another thermaltake product in my lifetime...again

dalilman52

Ltfalcon9700 said:
lol........ some one had a bad expeirence

not that i had a bad experience, i just think that thermaltake over-prices their products just because they are more well-known (like intel) and ppl think they are buying a higher-quality prouduct just because the packaging is flashy and its higher-priced than a generic look-alike