• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can SP1 download and install all by it self??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cyber mouse45

Cyber Cheesiest Senior
I just have to know if it can do that or not without letting me know. Cuz if it can, then I think that would explain why my pc is acting up for no reason, and why I have a Windows SP1 thing in my add/remove programs. Can it do that??? :eh?:

Taylor

I enabled auto updates on a box last winter, and SP1 I believe is one of the ones that did self-install without further ado. But I'm not sure, and for other reasons I ended up wiping the disk and never did re-enable auto-update. Sorry I can't be more definite.

Hey what rank do we need to get before we can write our own title? On my forum we can do it after I think 25 posts.

*wait* Oh I see you got Shadow to do it for you. Well, with all the traffic here I understand the rule.

OP
cyber mouse45

cyber mouse45

Cyber Cheesiest Senior
Damn, that would do it then. I had auto updates disabled on my laptop ‘till like two days ago, and then it got enabled it for about two hours while I way doing something. Then wham!! My network card didn’t work, my pc was running really slow, the screen resolution was all wack, my dvd/cdrw was acting up, and a bunch of other crap. :mad: I spent all day trying to fix it, and I just finished cleaning it up, and backing up every thing, getting ready to reformat. I guess I’ll go through with it now that I uninstalled everything. Arrrgghhhh, I hate this!

OP
cyber mouse45

cyber mouse45

Cyber Cheesiest Senior
Ok, I just discovered that it’s on my main rig to. I just hooked it up to DSL last night since my laptop wasn’t working, and I hadn’t disabled auto updates yet. :bang head Nothing bad has happened yet, but is it ok to uninstall it? I don’t want it on here.

Oh, and thanks a lot for your help Taylor. :)

Taylor

Cool I'm glad I helped, wasn't sure I had...I don't know about uninstalling sp1, but I see it's on the list when I look at the "remove programs" dialogue.

FWIW I put sp1 on before I installed the non-crucial hardware, such as my burner, and before I installed the onboard LAN and sound, and before I enabled usb. Don't know if there's a problem but I don't think there is. Ignorance is bliss. Whisky?