• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can Tualatin Celi blow up an Slot 1 Board ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Taisho

yeah, can for example an 1,1 GHZ @ 1,46 Tual Celi @ FSB 133 blow up an Slot 1 Mainboard ?

my board for example has an Bios from August 2000 :rolleyes: since i think that an ~ 1,5 GHz CPU can be dangerous or how you are thinking about that ?

My Board: Soyo - 6VCA

kamilkluczewski

Will work.

If you get the powerleap adapter you should have no problems, and you can push the soyo to its max which i believe is 12X133 but when you go into windows and run a CPU frequency check it will tell you the real speed its operating at, so like 14x133 = 1862 or whatever you push that CPU too.

Good Luck.

Kam

OP
Taisho

Taisho

yeah, i crappled my old thread out since nowadays about 3 guys of this forum reports that their Slot 1 Mainboards blew up...

2 of them used the Abit BH6, so an quite old BX-Board and 1 of them lost his Abit BE6-II, a newer BX-Board.

The question for me is now the same as for a month ago: " Can Tualatin Celi blow up an Slot 1 Board ? "

.. lets begin the discussion :)

Falkentyne

See if Spajky will reply here. He's had some reports of boards in Europe, that have blown after this mod was done....

For now, I'd advise ANYONE using a BX motherboard with a non powerleap adapter, to please check the temperatures around the coil and mosfets and voltage regulators, and report back with any abnormally hot readings.

Falkentyne

AFAIK, cheap caps are not the problem with this particular issue

The cap problem mainly plagues boards NEWER than the BH6. Very few BH6/ BX6 / BX6-R2 boards have problems with bad caps.

I've had my BH6 1.1 for more than 3 years and don't have any bulging caps (yet, knock on wood).

The Bh6 boards that burned out were NOT caused by any capacitor problem! The mosfets / voltage regulators burned up. Replacing caps on those will do absolutely nothinig.

nucro

Falkentyne said:
For now, I'd advise ANYONE using a BX motherboard with a non powerleap adapter, to please check the temperatures around the coil and mosfets and voltage regulators, and report back with any abnormally hot readings.

How can we check the temperatures around the coil and mosfets and voltage regulators? And what shoul be the normal temp?

My nortbridge can go up to 59-60C when I use [email protected] fsb. So I'm planning to put a fan on it.

Falkentyne

Unfortunately, I don't know.

But I assume, if they are burning hot, then there could be a problem. (example: like the temperature of the retail heatsink on an overclocked P233 mmx @ 3.2 volts, for instance).