• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you adjust the 5v rail on the newer 431W Enermax PS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

equalizr

i just upgraded from a 300enermax to a 431W enermax and 5v still reads a bit low.

is there a dial inside the PS to make the voltage go higher? if so, which one? pics would be nice as well :) thx

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
Nope, on Enermax there are no pots to adjust. To mod the 5V line you need to do some soldering.

OP
E

equalizr

nikhsub1 said:
Nope, on Enermax there are no pots to adjust. To mod the 5V line you need to do some soldering.

do you know of any guides on how to do this?
does anyone have problems with their setup after they have done the mod?

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
Looking up the link now;)
Mine has been modded for a few months with 0 problems so far, and a nice fat 5v line:D

EDIT: found the link Enermax PSU 5v mod

It is a long thread, but there is good info interspersed throughout- I recommend reading the whole thing.

I mounted my pot on the back of the psu where I can adjust it with the side panel off. Kinda neat watching it change while running:D

a1cnolan

yeah so basically im not going any higher till i see my friends from electrical about this one. cause you guys are talking way out of my box. way to go.. one day ill know all this....one day

nard

Registered
my enermax 431watt gives me pretty good voltages for some reason. im not sure if they are too high

3.3+ = 3.31-3.38v(avg 3.36v)
5.0+ = 5.06-5.11v(avg at around 5.10)
12.0+ = 11.98-12.10 (avg around 12.05)

will these slightly higher voltages harm my components?

and do the -5, and -12v rails really matter? since they are around -2.88, and -7.67v respectively.

a1cnolan

that shouldn't harm you as far as i know which isn't as much as id like. how hard are you pushing your pc and are you using a multimeter to check the voltages or just a software indicator.
try using a multimeter and also run a toture test of prime 95 while doing it. my voltages are about that at 166X9.5 but after that they all start to vlow off. i may have to do that 5v mod in hoots sticky.