• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you guys please help me? asus z170 pro gaming aura/i5 6600k throttle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rogueaverage616

i built my pc with

Asus z170 pro gaming aura motherboard
intel i5 6600k cpu
Seasonic 620 watt psu
sandisk ultra 2 ssd
toshiba hdd
powercolor rx480 gpu
corsair H100i v2
kingston hyper x fury 8gb ddr4 2133mhz...1 stick

the problem is,if i try and touch any settings in the bios,even if i leave everything on stock/auto,but say i set the bios to sync all cores.The pc will boot right into windows just fine,but maby tomorrow when i go and power up my pc,i will get a message

system attempted to post into safe mode this could be due to the power button being pressed too long or system instability...

if i leave the motherboard on stock settings,it will boot up fine into windows,but if i run a cpu stress test using CPU-Z and i have the pc set to high performance in windows 10 power plan...the cpu will throttle down from 3.7ghz to 3.5 ghz and then shoot back up to 3.7ghz when the load reduces

can anyone please tell me the setting in the motherboard that stops this warning .? i tried to disable the press F1 to run setup and what will happen is once the pc goes into windows it will make my pc run at stock settings if i indeed tried to just set the board to sync all cores and type in 40 in the multiplier,and leave everything else to auto.... the pc will boot into windows and pass 20 Intel burn tests...10 on normal mode and 10 on High mode....

im pulling my hair out over this

well with 2 intel burn tests issuing 10 tests on high and ten tests on normal.I got an average of 40c on normal and 60c on high test settings.I dont mind keeping everything stock but if i keep the board stock,and select high performance mode in windows with 100% lowest cpu speed 100% max cpu speed.The cpu will run at 3.7ghz,...but will throttle down to 3.5ghz once 100% cpu utilization is reached during the test.The cpu speed will go back up to 3.7ghz witch is our stock turbo speed....do you know what setting in the board is causing this?

what i did so far tonight was set the cpu to manual,sync all cores,40 per core,and disabled the cpu svid...witch allows the cpu internal voltage regulator from comunicating with the motherboards voltage regulator.....thinking maby this was the problem? although i read that our i5 6600k does not have an internal voltage regulator

so far i bench tested the cpu it passed ...restarted the pc a few times....no press F1 to run setup......yet....but i noticed that every time i power up the pc.i press the power button it lights up then goes out....then the pc powers on and goes right to windows.

if i renable cpu svid....i press the power button and it lights up once and goes right to windows....do you know anything about this

sorry for all the questions ....im having a real hard time here....and nobody seems to help.

well with 2 intel burn tests issuing 10 tests on high and ten tests on normal.I got an average of 40c on normal and 60c on high test settings.I dont mind keeping everything stock but if i keep the board stock,and select high performance mode in windows with 100% lowest cpu speed 100% max cpu speed.The cpu will run at 3.7ghz,...but will throttle down to 3.5ghz once 100% cpu utilization is reached during the test.The cpu speed will go back up to 3.7ghz witch is our stock turbo speed....do you know what setting in the board is causing this?

what i did so far tonight was set the cpu to manual,sync all cores,40 per core,and disabled the cpu svid...witch allows the cpu internal voltage regulator from comunicating with the motherboards voltage regulator.....thinking maby this was the problem? although i read that our i5 6600k does not have an internal voltage regulator

so far i bench tested the cpu it passed ...restarted the pc a few times....no press F1 to run setup......yet....but i noticed that every time i power up the pc.i press the power button it lights up then goes out....then the pc powers on and goes right to windows.

if i renable cpu svid....i press the power button and it lights up once and goes right to windows....do you know anything about this

sorry for all the questions ....im having a real hard time here....and nobody seems to help.

Back