• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you help me make a parts list?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rabid Snail

Ok, I need some help. Holidays are coming, and I have decided that I want to go water cooling. I will do this mostly to get better overclocks and mabey reduce noise (low temps are 1st).

I'd say my budget is 150 or so, and mabey if something is alot better and/or future proof or something for like 50 dollars more, then I can do that.

I do not want to get a HeatCore at a junkyard, since I am too lame to go look, and would rather pay a little more and get something more reliable (ie, less chance of leaks). If I can't get something from either a Home Depot, Pep Boys, or a local pet store, then odds are I;m gonna have to order it online (I'm probably gonna need to order a rad and good pump if I can't find them. I am hoping tubing won't be trouble, same with barbs and stuff.).

I need some help making a list of stuff I am gonna need. Socket A board. I got a Lian Li PC 65, so I got decent airflow. (Although, if it won't be too bad, I would rather not run fans)

Thanks

DodgeViper

A heater core is your best bet. Not sure if it will fit in your case. You can get a NEW Chevy Chevette core from Pep Boys.

From the sounds of it there is a new style block on the market that is running nearly 5c below the current top block. The thread at this website is under water cooling called, Micro-channel concept water block.

Pumps you going to get a rash of, buy this or buy that. If you got the money and Eheim pump is a great choice.

Fans to cool the heater core. Depends on how quiet you want to go. Look at CFM and the DBA. The lower the DBA the quieter the fan. The higher the CFM the better, but you need to find the sweet spot.

Tubbing stick with Tygon 1/8 wall 1/2 ID tubing.

With $150.00 being your max. You will need to build some of this stuff yourself.

$50.00 for block, $25.00 for heater core, $10.00 for tubing, $20.00 for fans, That only leaves $45.00 for pump, shrounds, water wetter, distilled water, hose clamps, and any other thngs that may pop up.

Last edited:

NeoMoses

Tygon is nice, but PVC tubing like ClearFlex 60 is just as good and much cheaper. Just make sure you get the thick-walled type (1/8").

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
hmm let me give this a shot
get a waterblock,
50 max
get a maxijet pump, do the adapting of the inlet,
get some clearflex
1.25 a foot about and 10 feet
heatercore
around 20 bucks if DIY
shroud, can make for free
T
~1
clamps
~4

and if you DIY on all of it, you can keep it under 100 dollars
i havent spent much more than 100 on all my crap...

country_3030

Can't you use boiled water if it is boiled over a certant amount of time.

P.S. Water Wetter is not needed just add five drops of dawn liquid dish washing soap :beer:

DodgeViper

His #1 priority is low temps. Yea you can build for less, but maybe he wants it to look nice not shrouds made of cardboard as some have mentioned in other threads. At Dek the rad with 1 shroud will be nearly $50.00 throw in another $20.00 for an additional shroud.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
you can make really nice shrouds for cheap tooo, i got a 1x1foot sheet of aluminum and that would make a NICE shroud... it costed a dollar...