• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you recommend a motherboard??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CheekyChava

I am looking to build a new Athlon system, buying a proccessor 1.0GHz - 1.4GHz to overclock as much as possible.

HELP! WHAT MOTHERBOARD?

Tell me anything that might be of use; easiest to overclock with, cheapest, best performance etc. I'm not bothered about anything apart from the M/B and CPU at the moment, unless you have something really useful!

Thanks, Paul.

Last edited:
I recommend getting one of the OEM XP 1600+ processors, especially from newegg.com or gameve.com, look for AGOIA stepping preferably 0213 Y, 0212 Y, 0226 Z, they are some of the best, they only cost around $60 and will overclock like fiends(I run mine at 166FSB-1750MGZ at default voltages).

As far as boards go, EPoX boards are great and have some great features built in, for overclocking and features you can't beat them, and they tend to be a little less $$$ then ABIT or ASUS

If you want KT333, go with EPoX 8K5A2 or 8K5A2+(for the RAID, and worth the pennies extra)

GA-7VAXP
VIA 8X V-Link architecture (533MB/s)
VIA VT6306 IEEE1394 controller
Promise PDC20276 ATA 133 RAID controller
Raeltek 8100BL Ethernet 10/100Mb LAN controller
AC97 Realtek ALC650 6-channel sound Chip
Dual BIOS
take a look under $90 on price watch
7vaxp.jpg

as for the cpu I would recomend the same as "ronin1967"

Last edited:
Back