• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG CANIS MAJORIS (modded Tt Core X9) - Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational S2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
aqnLash.png

Hey guys,

Here are some pics of tubing up the bottom section with the rads and reservoirs mounted.

ziEOIvg.jpg

uXHUvQz.jpg

P4bO4HZ.jpg

zRvVfEN.jpg

vSFMbil.jpg

CqFBu3j.jpg

kTmFKLc.jpg

Sorry for the bad lighting in some of those shots :(

Here is the side panel, one full clear piece of acrylic to cover the entire case!

rT1Jzth.jpg

And some work on the front panel windows or a stealth window as I like to call it.

7MT7Z7X.jpg

F2PimYH.jpg

2i32Pa5.jpg

dVTZ5ty.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

Coming along nicely! I follow your posts on FB as well. You have to finish this before starting on that next build lol :D

Thanks a lot mate! You may have seen the quick video from the EB Games Expo on my FB page then. The build is mostly finished, I just need to catch up the build logs to the current state of the build.

I'm currently waiting for Thermaltake AU to ship it back to me so I can add some finishing touches! :D

aqnLash.png

Testing out the bottom fans before building on top of them and I can't access the cables!

MQCFAt1.jpg

Custom reservoirs are in and I started taking off the protective backing on the acrylic sheets. The nice reflections are just what I was hoping for!

ecVW8N1.jpg

frwl1CT.jpg

Also hardware update!

Thanks a lot to RamCity.com.au for sending out these two Crucial MX200 500GB SSDs and also an awesome 512GB Samsung SM951 M.2 PCI-E SSD!

L4fzmiT.jpg

The two Crucial SSDs are in!

zY93oXc.jpg

Just having a laugh as I can't believe how many Strix 970s I have acquired! Two are going in the Parvum build I've been working on for a mate for ages now, some of you may have seen it! And the other either 2 or 3 are going in this build!

v3jVH53.jpg

Time to install the MB, CPU, GPUs, RAM and all the awesome Tt water blocks!

7KrnK2F.jpg

QBydRli.jpg

RZFIWWO.jpg

uHw6PVO.jpg

GYFfaOd.jpg

4bUXqlX.jpg

hEv10Q4.jpg

jL243ol.jpg

wJZnN6p.jpg

Ka5BXR3.jpg

2YdwkvG.jpg

GJfa2aZ.jpg

O34amOY.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

This build is looking awesome Alex! Any idea on what the finished weight of this beast will be? ...and does she come with her own forklift? :)

This build is looking awesome Alex! Any idea on what the finished weight of this beast will be? ...and does she come with her own forklift? :)

Thanks a lot mate! The build was somewhat finished at the EB Games Expo in Sydney over the weekend, think it must have weighted about 50kg or so. Really hard to pick up by a single person due to the size as well.

Shiny black awesomeness

Subbed

Thanks a lot mate :D

Those are some great hardware choices and aesthetically pleasing too! Those would go great in a Mech build or even a Batmobile IMO. Great work man, keep those updates coming! :D

Those are some great hardware choices and aesthetically pleasing too! Those would go great in a Mech build or even a Batmobile IMO. Great work man, keep those updates coming! :D

Thanks a lot mate! Yea everything should go nicely in any sort of dark themed or sci-fi looking build :D I'm planning to use the gear in other builds in the future too :p

What is the final weight gonna be on this?
Looks like it wouldn't look out of the ordinary to build a twin caterpillar-track system at the base, just to move it around.

Like I mentioned above, when I had it running at the EB Games Expo last weekend it was pretty much impossible to move by just a single person. I'd say it was around 50kg or so, crazy heavy for a PC.

Haha yea that's not a bad idea :D

aqnLash.png

Okay guys, here it is all tubed up! This is how I had it set up for the EB Games Expo and only used two cards. Not sure if I will change things around with the loop before final completion.

I'm waiting to receive high res pics from EB Games but I can post some I took with my phone later on.

Let me know what you guys think of the tubing, I really like it going around the outside like that!

bSwv8pS.jpg

DUy1XYz.jpg

3uMK1gu.jpg

qas9WTf.jpg

HhbBj8p.jpg

EgGt6h6.jpg

e0JbJaF.jpg

yOLis4O.jpg

1n6hOm4.jpg

z2IHvGT.jpg

zeXdcnK.jpg

3q2o6Bv.jpg

Yt0W2Uf.jpg

These shots were taken around 5am when I was rushing to get it finished in time to get picked up for the EB Games expo in Sydney last weekend.

I'm currently waiting for the build to arrive back sometime this week, then more work will continue!

I'll post those EB Games pics in the next update :)

Cheers,

Alex

Back