• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot Get My PC To Find USB Drive Attached To Router

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I have a very old router that's probably been renamed so many times you can't really find who made it it's a Technicolor TG582n that has a USB 2.0 port on the side which I would like to use I've inserted a 32GB sandisk USB 2.0 drive formatted to FAT32 I've enabled the settings under the router log in as seen below. The issue is Win 7 network discovery is on but it will not find the USB drive, all it shows is my PC, and under network infrastructure the router and thats it I can't click on it because I get a message about disconnecting when I am trying to CONNECT. Is there something I am doing wrong I've never been good at networking it's my most shamed thing to say, it will media stream the drive to my PS3 no issues but my PC will not find it.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 107
My router has 2 usb3 ports and does this too but I wanted to use it for movies. Some of which are like 20gb. Fat32 is useless for me pretty much and so are those ports I realized. Tv's the same thing fat32 only but at least it's plugnplay. exfat or ntfs is useable. fat32 is windows98 crap.

It seems only good enough to use the port for a USB with pictures and movies to stream via a media server only I was hoping to use it for read and write access or at least so I can store important stuff on like devices drivers for when I repair PC's or stuff like that but yeah it's pretty much useless, as I could just put the videos etc on my PS3 anyway or plug in the USB into my TV as well to play

AnyDesk free can remote into a desktop, even using android now (from a phone with a mouse plugged in maybe). I retried plex but forgot they actually think I would pay them to access my own files on my own network. Unified Remote is much the same but has ads, absurd.
GoogleHome for Chromecast wants you to turn location on with high precision. Gotta try Localcast again. If it's not too pervasive. My rt-n66u router's 2 usb3 ports have a max of 2tb so in the end that would never work either. I own 2 6tb drives which would work perfect for a server but haven't figured that one out yet. Probably going to rasberry pi3 something together as the things are dirt cheap and have some cool cases.

Back