• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cannot get unreal tournament to install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[email protected]

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME AS I HAVE SOLD OTHERS DEAD OR
Every time I run the shell command from terminal it say to mount disc one in cdrom. It is mounted I have check many ways please help!!!:(

David

Forums Super Moderator
Every time I run the shell command from terminal it say to mount disc one in cdrom. It is mounted I have check many ways please help!!!:(

Hi, and welcome to the forums.

Is the program wanting to mount it itself or do you have to mount it manually? Do you have to tell it where the CD is mounted perhaps?

David

XWRed1

Is it mounted at /mnt/cdrom? And is it the *real* disc one matching the installer you got (they've got game-of-the-year and normal).

moorcito

If you have the "Totally Unreal" cds, then you're out of luck for installing it under linux. I have those cds and I kept getting the same error message as you, at least that was until I read the Loki FAQ and realized that that cd was unsupported.

If that's your problem, I recommend going to Walmart and getting UT GOTY for $9.99. Problem solved.

Richard

Which distro are you using? A buddy of mine was having problems installing UT2003; so I gave him a hand.

I don't know if the install script for the game is similar, but this works for UT2003.

su
password
export SETUP_CDROM=/mnt/cdrom

This assumes you have a directory named /mnt/cdrom. Run the script afterwards in the same xterm.

OP
pctuner@amd

[email protected]

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME AS I HAVE SOLD OTHERS DEAD OR
I've tried almost all

I have the game of the year edition and have tried /mnt/cdrom also my cdrom automounts and I,ve checked in the konsole to make sure I thing that mandrake 9.0 just does something different.. I am going to load osx as well as Suse on my machine which already runs win doze98/me then Il'll try some more

Richard

supermount is the plague

:)

Disable supermount by editing the /etc/fstab, and create your own entries.

example: (excerpt from /etc/fstab)
#none /mnt/cdrom supermount dev=/dev/hdc,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0

Please note the "#" symbol.

add the following line (assuming /dev/hdc is your cdrom)

/dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom iso9660 ro,user,noauto 0 0

Save changes to /etc/fstab

I advise installing the game as root and running it later as a "normal" user.

su
password

mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom

Run the install script.