• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can'r play Far Cry online

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lXlFUSElXl

Evertime I connect to a game it boots me about half way through the load up...any ideas why? :eh?:

Maybe you need to stop being a dirty pirate wench! Just kidding. But if you stole the game that'd happen.

No, I got the game free with my 7800gt :cool:

Thats why i dont understand why it boots me :bang head

i have the same problem, its really annoying.

Wat is FarCry like online, is it worth the trouble?

Yes...sometimes ill get something stating that my serial key I entered is already in use... :eh?:

I heard it wasn't the best online. Actually, my overclock would cause FarCry to fail, I just upped the voltage, and all was good :)

Make sure you have punkbuster enabled. Also if you try to connect and get kicked sometimes it takes a while for it to realize your not actually playing on that server, which is why it would say cd key is in use. And IMO Far Cry is cool during some points but it can't compete with games like BF2, COD2, Q4 and HL2.

Alucard said:
Make sure you have punkbuster enabled. Also if you try to connect and get kicked sometimes it takes a while for it to realize your not actually playing on that server, which is why it would say cd key is in use. And IMO Far Cry is cool during some points but it can't compete with games like BF2, COD2, Q4 and HL2.

I agree.

Make sure you are running the 1.33 Far Cry patch.
Check the punkbuster box if you connect to a punkbuster enabled server and update your punkbuster installation with PBweb.exe from www.evenbalance.com.
Disable single player cheats. Multiplayer will not work with -devmode on the command line.
Only connect to low ping servers. (ping<100)
Make sure you have the same version of the map that is running on the server.
CD Key in use or CD key invalid is a common problem. You will get that if you were recently booted from a server because the server holds the key for a short time. Usually, just trying to connect again will work.

mp is ok :) i think the netcode could be better. but maybe i was just on laggy servers. i just got the game and a new graphics card a few weeks ago so i am still in awe at the graphics :D lol. i'm so busy taking in the view i dont get many kills

Back