• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Can't access DSL modem interface-Westell-Versalink-7500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
I've always been able to access the Westell-Versalink-7500 through a browser, with the typical 192.168.1.xx default address...until today.

Typing the modem's address redirects me to this:

FRONTIER.png

Frontier Communications bought Verizon's copper network a couple years ago, haven't seen any overt changes...until now.

Did Frontier "hijack" my modem?

I'll engage them via live chat and try to get answers. Meanwhile, I was wondering if anyone had ever seen anything like this?

Update

I discovered that the page I was redirected to had a Settings feature. Option- turn search ON or OFF. By turning Search to "off" I got access to my modem back.

Just weird . :shrug:

Last edited:
I know Comcast/Xfinity pushes firmware updates to their equipment.

Frontier has made some changes, when I first enter the modem interface it has some blue "wallpaper" with marketing links, but then quickly switches to the classic red background. Weird.

I'd like to replace this modem, it's a garbage model that Verizon pushed on me. But, things are happening with Frontier, word is they are struggling with debt, and may sell off copper networks in select rural areas(like mine).

I'll just have to wait and see, there are no options like cable only Hughesnet. I like the idea of satellite service but I've never-ever heard anyone say a single good thing about Hughesnet.

Back