• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't access Modem/Router admin access COMTREND CT-5374

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pigpottomus

So I just recently moved into a apartment where our internet is paid for by the apartment management. It is under Consolidated Communications, and whenever I tried to access the modem that the apartment provided, it keeps saying I have the wrong username/password. However, whenever I hard reset(Factory reset) the modem, I am able to access it with the default username and password from the modem's manual. The modem/router is a Comtrend CT-5374. However, whenever I connect the modem back to the internet, within a 30 seconds or so, I get kicked out and can't login with the default username and password. Not really sure how this is happening?
(Even on the Consolidated Communications website, it list how to access the modem router with the same username and password) https://www.consolidated.com/suppor...mtrend-5372-5374-wireless-modem-configuration

Also another question, during the time before I get kicked out of the modem's admin page, I saw that the downstream was about 25mbps, but whenever I do speedtest, I get only like 6mbps(Wired or wireless, even when I connect to my ASUS N66w), and that's without any of my roomates home.

Could both of these just be due to a bad modem router?

habbajabba

I would use a different modem/router if possible such as the motorola surfboard. Plus I believe the modem defaults to auto updating of firmware so you may want to disable all remote stuff when it's not on the net.