• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Can't Clear User Name & Password

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jrank001

Hi Folks:

I hope this is the correct place for this question. I've done everything I can think of to clear my online banking web page from autoloading my user name and password.

Thankfully it only does it on my deck top computer. I went into my Google account and cleared all saved passwords and I went to internet options and did same.

I've inserted a pic of the log in screen. The user name shown is not the correct one that I use. Somehow this changed and I don't know how that happened either. I feel like a noob because I can't figure this out

Any ideas would be welcome.

IMG_1771.JPG

try another browser?
try clearing browsing history and cache?

I think it might be under "autofill".
Cookies only keep you signed in, but auto fill forms keep your name and password data.

If it is autofilling even with a different browser (firefox/IE/edge) then it isn't something to do with your browser. Do you have a password manager application installed (lastpass/keepass/etc?)

I assume it works as expected from a phone or another computer?

Have you tried going into safe mode (with networking of course)?

A little extreme this option is but if all else fails you could create a new user profile and go from there. That will reset everything.

Yeah, call a bank if they dont allow 2 usernames for one account and have them delete the culprit

Do you have "sync" turned on for all of your browser products on all of your devices?

It just might be their website got borked. wanna link so we can confirm?

If it is autofilling even with a different browser (firefox/IE/edge) then it isn't something to do with your browser. Do you have a password manager application installed (lastpass/keepass/etc?)

I assume it works as expected from a phone or another computer?

Have you tried going into safe mode (with networking of course)?

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

I just checked with explorer. It did not autoload. So it looks like this is google specific.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

I just checked with explorer. It did not autoload. So it looks like this is google specific.
Try downloading the chrome canary version, can sit side by side but is separate.

The user name changed? Is the password still correct? If the site is auto filling the user box the password may be incorrect as well. If they're both wrong I would ignore it.

Disable sync and then try changing the info before switching it back on.

Attachments

• Chrome Sync.JPG
    Chrome Sync.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 91
Back