• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get 9800np to 9800pro speeds!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ap673

I am using an ATI 9800np with a R350 core, 8 pipelines, and 256-bit Infineon Memory on it. All the cooling is stock, and I have a PCI blower under it. I'm using ATI Tool to overclock. So far i've maxed out at core390, mem320. I can't even get the memory to stock 9800pro speeds. Are Infineon memory chips able to overclock? Would it help if I flashed with pro BIOS? It already says I have a 9800pro in Windows XP.

I want to get a VGA chipset cooler and some ramsinks so I can go further, or is it just useless with the crap Infineon memory? I'm looking at the Vantec Iceberg 4 that comes with 4 ramsinks as well. Is this good enough? There are about 7 ram chips on the board, but don't I only need to put ramsinks on the top 4? Thanks.

michaelkahl

well since it's a non-pro I would assume the mem that was used on it wasn't meant to go at the pro's mem clock speeds...luck of the draw sometimes...sorry dude I don't know what else to tell you

OP
ap673

ap673

Has anyone heard of Infineon 3.0ns memory chips achieving pro speeds?

Gautam

Senior Benchmark Addict
Infineon is not flashable, and doesn't get past 330 without heavy modding. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

Last edited: