• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can't get any WU's from Boinc...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP
zexmarquies01

zexmarquies01

awwwwwwwwwwwww

just as i was about to say my final farwell to Seti-1, and start boinc, i can't do any boinc work!

BLARG!!!! I WANT TO BOINC!!!.....( and yes, in more ways than one )

TC

Senior Seti Addict
I can relate - I've been separated from my wife since December. Oh yeah - I mean I can't get any boinc either :D

OP
zexmarquies01

zexmarquies01

haha! Yeah, i know whatcha mean, No boinc for me, no matter which one your talking about.

But still, have they said when they will be back up? I want to get this Train moving again!

SkyHook

Senior Village Idiot
SCREAMING EAGLE said:
can somone tell me what {cant parse schedulers reply} means.

Basically the codejockeys at Berkeley have once again screwed the syntax up in one of the lines of code. Probably forgot to close a set of braces or something similar. This will happen when you take a product that was of Alpha-Testing quality and release it to the General Public. Hopefully by Labor Day they can patch together something resembling a workable system.

SkyHook
:bang head :eh?: :bang head

SCREAMING EAGLE

OK, what are braces? Better yet can someone recommend a book so that I can learn more about this kind of stuff? Maybe somthing that will give me some definitions of the term's that I'll run across while playing computer geek to be. :confused:

SkyHook

Senior Village Idiot
SCREAMING EAGLE said:
OK, what are braces? Better yet can someone recommend a book so that I can learn more about this kind of stuff? Maybe somthing that will give me some definitions of the term's that I'll run across while playing computer geek to be. :confused:

I apologize for my less than informative last post here, frustration with the current situation grabbed me for a second and drug my reply way off line.

At present Berkeley's software engineers are trying to make massive changes to the way BOINC, the SETI Client, even the Website operate. This hurried atmosphere carries with it the potential for all kinds of simple mistakes while writing lines of code, and this is apparently what was at the root of the error message you were referring to. As for exactly what was causing it is virtually impossible for outside users to determine, it may have been in a "PHP" script, or a "CGI" script, or god only knows what else. At the moment it is important for people venturing into the BOINC pool to remember that in all likelyhood any problems you experience are originating on the Berkeley end and not something wrong with your equipment or installation.

Hope this helps,
SkyHook

Vento1

Thanks SkyHook that explanes what i get when i try to connect. But can some one explain why the amount of work requested keeps going up when i try to connect started at 311498 secounds now it is at 509556 secounds, i have not changed anything from when i registered.

Dk Jedi Allianc

It demands the workload of your preferences. Fx my Barton does a BOINC WU in 3 hours. I have set my pref. at 3 days. 3 days would be 24 WU x 3 hours.

psy

Are we Boincing yet??? :( I can wife boinc :),, but still not sure of puter boincing. Im so confussed. Other than the science,, it looks like a real snore. Any idea how we can keep the compition and how , why a fast machine gets it in the teeth and a slow one gets the grapes??? How much longer can I seti??? and enjoy life???

psy

SunRedRX7

July 2, 2004
We've been having problems with server performance. To address these problems we're making some changes to our database. The project will be shut down most of today while this is being done.

Well I hope it goes back up, as I'm going to leave some PCs on that I won't be back in contact with till July 6th. Hope I come back to some happily crunching PCs.

Hardin

Well I signed up for the SETI bionic project the other day and just signed up for predictor. My computer has something to do again! :clap: