• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get into bios, but everything else if ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlin453

All of a sudden, I can't get into my BIOS. Everything else is fine, it posts and goes into windows.

When I hit 'del', instead of going into the BIOS menu it gives me this screen. Only way to fix is to reboot. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• P1010013.JPG
    P1010013.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 36

turd

If there is no action that preceded this like a bad BIOS flash, and it were me, the thing I would do is do a clear CMOS. You can do this by finding a jumper inside your motherboard and moving it over to say 2&3 instead of the position for normal operation which should be , in this case 1&2. You would have to check the MB manual. One thing though it will reset everything back to default and if for some reason you still can not get into the screen, and say you cant normally boot at defaults then you could really have a problem. Another option would be to go ahead and do a flash of your BIOS, however, make sure you follow the directions from the MB man or MFG site.

OP
jlin453

jlin453

I had flashed to another bios a couple weeks ago so that wasn't the case. Yeah, I'm afraid if I were to reset the CMOS I still wouldn't be able to get in the bios. Guess I'll just flash again.