• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get MX mem past 170!!! [email protected]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JJavi

Wellcome to my first post here!

My prob is my mx mem. I can't get it to BOOT @170+. It will work @185+ stable if I switch it manually but when I try booting with those settings it freezes...

Any suggestions??? Thanks.

UnseenMenace

UnseenModerator
Welcome to the forum

Some people report increased stability of memory when they place heatsinks on them however I can not confirm or deny this information.

When overclocking my Elsa Gforce I had to change the fan which drew its power from the graphic card to a fan which drew its power from the mobo.. it now features a blue orb and can be overclocked with a memory speed higher than yours.. however when benchmarking I found that with a memory speed higher than 170 my gains were so minimal that now run my gforce at speeds identical to yours and found better improvemnets by modifying it.
---------------------------------------------------------
Duron 800 @ 1050 with Global Win FOP-32 (140 x 7.5)
Abit KT7A-Raid Mobo
512 mb (Crucial Stuff CAS 2)
Hard Drive Cooler
Elsa Eraser X2 Gforce with Blue Orb (modified to display as a Quadro and overclocked http://www.tweakhardware.com/guide/quadro/ )
Sound Blaster Live Value
Full Tower with 5 (120 mm) case fans with seperate PSU

OP
J

JJavi

I do have heatsinks on the rams and a 80mm fan pointing at them. Also HSF on the core. So I don't expect it to be heat issue ?!?

I could give a try to connecting the core fan to the mobo or the psu...

I definitely gained performance by upping the mem freqs. In fact, the more the better, if only i could get it to boot...

BTW, I read in your sig, you modified your mx to report as quadro. What's the difference/improvement???

Thanks for your suggestions.