• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get onto IE??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terrorsmurf

Registered
My other computer is having some problems that I can't seem to figure out. I can't get onto the internet through IE but I can get on AIM, KaZAA and other programs that use the internet. I've pinged websites and they come back good yet still nothing with IE. Internet tools sees nothing out of the ordinary and I'm on a LAN here at school.

Oh yeah I have a crappy compaq laptop with XP Home.

Any help would be appreciated...

Instead of giving you recommendations on how to get IE to work, I would recommend to instead get Mozilla Firefox or Opera as your browser. They're both better than IE, with less security holes.

well kazaa is probabbly your answer right there, try uninstalling it along with all the crap it comes with. run ad-aware. and in the end your going to want to ditch IE for firefox anyways.

Yea I've heard getting rid of the spyware from Kaaza makes it stop working. I think you'll have to uninstall Kazza and install a alternative like Kazza lite.

Back