• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant get units in or out of the old seti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

psyshack

This has to change... i know of free game servers that havent went down in months.... If a college with major tax dollars cant keep servers running with the fat wallet somethings flat out wrong,,, two days Ive been trying to get units sent in.. and strange errors. ive tried to dl bonic and cant get it... Tis has to change or Im leaving this game and going for something that will make money out of my cpu cycles. Come on college brats.. make it work or take yopur c and move on to ripping a corparation off or shut the mess down.... make up your mind... **** or get off the pot. dont keep leading folks on....

psy

I think all of us participating in the program can appreciate your frustration. Sometimes I get the feeling that this is almost a play toy for the people running it, and they really couldn't care less whether it's a smooth ride for us or not. Frankly I'm disappointed in the apparent lack of preparation given the extensive beta testing period. The software and stats concepts work fairly well, but it's like they didn't give any consideration to the hardware requirements at all. I expected better given the experience they should have taken to heart from phase 1. At any rate, all we can do is participate or go somewhere else.

Agreed TC, I has been frustrating at times... a bit fun too...

Can you imagine if SETI was interactive--more like a game server--how much computational power would it take to run 4 or 5 million syncronous instances??

:D

Back