• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get unlocked 550 BE stable, help please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP
B

bpatterson007

Registered
The overnight stability test went smoothly, unfortunately I don't have screen shots. I checked it and then took the kids to school. The power cutoff from a storm on my way back home. I did notice the core temps never passed 30C. So that was about 10 hours of a blend run, sounds stable so far.

OP
B

bpatterson007

Registered
So I am kind of in an awkward position am I not? Low temps, but high voltage required. What's more dangerous for the longevity of a processor and stability the temps or voltage?

trents

Temps are thought to be more critical but you can't ignore volts either. Personally, as I said, I don't feel comfortable in exceeding 1.55 under load for vcore.

Have you overclocked your CPUNB yet?

OP
B

bpatterson007

Registered
No I am right where we left off. I just want to use your methodologies as they are working so far. The only thing we found was stable ratio at 1.50V and you had me change DRAM to 1.55V.

trents

Was it stable for a long Prime test? Sorry, I forgot what has been tried so far. It can get confusing when you are working with several different threads.

OP
B

bpatterson007

Registered
It's okay, yeah we hit the wall at stock settings adjusting ratio and voltage. Voltage was 1.5 at 3700 or 3800, I'd have to go check. You had me change DRAM to 1.55V. You then wanted me to run blend test for a minimum of 2 hours so I left it on overnight and it was still chugging away with no problems after about 9 hours.

trents

Okay, I'd now turn your attention to ramping up the CPUNB frequency and upping the CPUNB VID a little to support it.

OP
B

bpatterson007

Registered
I can certainly do that, but I am not sure how to approach it. What's the systematic way of going about this?

trents

For this one we'll cheat a bit and not be quite so systematic. Just change the CPUNB multiplier to 12x and the CPUNB VID to 1.225 to begin with. That should give you a frequency of 2400. Run the two hour stress test. If it passes bump up to 13x and retest long. If it fails bump up the vid to 1.3 and retest. From experience I feel we can jump to this range without so much incrementalism.

I think the stock CPUVID is about 1.175 but if you're curious about this install AMDOverdrive and take a peak at the Performance Control>Clock/Voltage in Advanced mode before you begin overclocking the CPUNB. AMDOD is problematic in some ways but its good for this one thing at least. The interface might look different if you are using a different version than I used for the attachment below.

Attachments

• AMDOD.JPG
    AMDOD.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
OP
B

bpatterson007

Registered
Alright I should be able to tinker with this today as I didn't have any free time yesterday. I will let you know what I come up with!