• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't Install WinXP Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kyleboy77

I can't seem to install windows on my comp I just built... it starts loading the drivers after I boot from the disk and than when it says windows is starting... I get the bsod.... WTF..... the comp is brand new.....
it has a AthlonXP 3200+, 2 stix of corsair xms pc3200, Radeon 9800 pro 256mb, Asus A7n8x-e deluxe mother board, 160gb serial ata hard drive, Lite-On burner, lite-on dvd drive, and a Raidmax Scorpio case with 420 watt psu.... what is the deal.... also I put the SATA hd in another comp to try ind get windows on it from there but the drive does not show in the windows installation stuff what does that mean....also the drive doesn't even show up in windows... but it is spinning what is the deal
:bang head

1. do you have the right jumpers thingys connected?
2. do you have the SATA connector connected to the right one, as in no mine, theres one for SATA and another for RAID SATA.

Two things:

1) If you get BSODs use memtest86 from www.memtest86.com to test your memory and make sure its OK

2) Your drive will not work in another PC unless its partitioed - it will only show up in "My Computer" once you create partitions on it.

how do I use memtest without a os..... and how can I partition my drive if it won't even show up on another comp in the windows installer

kyleboy77 said:
how do I use memtest without a os..... and how can I partition my drive if it won't even show up on another comp in the windows installer

Memtest86 can work from a bootable floppy :)

To partition a drive in another PC (assuming winxp here) go to Control panel->admin tools->computer management->storage management and you can create a new partition on your drive from there :)

please post all logical causes of my problems... I need to go to work for a few hours and would like to get this thing working.... Thanks to all who post

If the drive itself is not showing up I would check the following:

- Does it show up in the POST (Power on Self Test) when the computer starts?
- How is it connected to the PC? If it is via an SATA card then make sure the necessary drivers are installed.

MY computer won't find my sata hd in the windows xp pro installer.... why
it has a AthlonXP 3200+, 2 stix of corsair xms pc3200, Radeon 9800 pro 256mb, Asus A7n8x-e deluxe mother board, 160gb serial ata hard drive, Lite-On burner, lite-on dvd drive, and a Raidmax Scorpio case with 420 watt psu

Back