• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't overclock core 2 quad Q9400 on G41MT-S2 rev 1.3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DovixyderQ

Hi, lately I've been trying to overclock my cpu, I updated my bios, tried changing my fsb from 333 to 340 and when I saved everything I tried to boot my pc, but it stopped and then when I went to check on the oc, it said something like that it reset the settings because of overclocking/chaning voltage. But that doesn't make sense, I can't even oc 1mhz.. I tried giving it more voltage and then trying to increase fsb, but it's the same thing. Do I need a modded bios or something? Thanks in advance.

You are going back a bit with that chip, try and rack my brains to remember what to do.

For one that board is an entry level board, could even be locked at 333fsb which means you won’t get any overclock anyway. If it isn’t locked it will probably max out at 340 which isn’t much of an Overclock.

You can try overclocking with one stick of ram in and see if that helps. But I think you may be out of luck.

If you can't overclock at least 1-3 mhz that doesn't bode well. Even if the PCIe isn't unhitched from the fsb it should tolerate that much increase in FSB.

Back