• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't rewrite my rw's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f@boy

I have several rw's both cd and dvd that I cant rewrite. It want let me take away read only. Can someone help me please?
Thanx

I think your burner software has the formatting function- if it doesn't, you can download a freeware burner program or trial of nero or roxio- i tried "Burn4Free" that I downloaded from WebAttack, a freeware sight.

You also micht try to open my computer, and with the rw disk in the drive, right click the burner drive icon, and select "format" or "propertis". From foperties, look for a format option.

You also might check the drive manufacturer's website and download and install any firmware updates.

I have the same problem with some discs, is there a time period that they expire or something, mine wont even read that a disc is present or sometimes it thinks its like non-recordable this is using a Lite-on 48X16X48 and Nero 5.5

If the RW was finalized by the recording software, then the disk cannot be burned to again. Check your settings, or failing that, please post complete details, type and model of burner, type of media, software used and version number of the SW. This may help in finding out what is going on.

Thanx all!
I found that in nero there was an erase disc option that worked. So now its solved, I thought that it was possible from my computer but there was an explanation in windows help that said it is not possible.

Back