• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't run DDR4 at rated speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So, manual VCCIO/SA voltages did not help but I have another theory. All this might be caused by the imperfect CPU seating.

I had problems with this build from day one. Initially, memory refused to work in dual channel mode. After Googling I found that this could be caused by the uneven pressure on the CPU. After loosening cooler screws a bit guess what - dual channel started to work. Never had this happen before.

I suspect that as things heat up, connection improves somewhere and that's why I can run memory at 4000Mhz for days. And the reason lower speed works more stable is because at higher speed there's less fault tolerance. Someone with electrical engineering education explaned this last part. Not sure when/if I will get to reseating my CPU.

This is disappointing, a ASUS ROG Gaming Z490-E + i9 10900K that can't get DDR4 memory stable at 4000Mhz. I thought Woomack said the Asus motherboards were the best memory clockers except for the TUF series?
Is the memory in question on the QVL for his motherboard?
The OP might consider hitting the ROG forums.

Back