• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can't see CPU speed in controlpanel>system why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k_r_i_p_l_e_r

Disabled
i run windows XP pro sp1 - usually when i go to control panel then hit system, it shows me ram cpu speed pc name etc, but when i upgraded to a fster gigabyte board and a 3.2C cpu the cpu info doesnt come up, why ?

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
The systems properties windows computer information comes from the registry I thought... I dunno why it wouldn't still be displaying there.

You can access that screen by pressing the windows key+pause/break though.

OP
K

k_r_i_p_l_e_r

Disabled
IMOG said:
The systems properties windows computer information comes from the registry I thought... I dunno why it wouldn't still be displaying there.

You can access that screen by pressing the windows key+pause/break though.

that doesnt explain why 3.2ghz isn't coming up

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
I will look into this further later today when I have a chance... What I implied in my last post is that the information isn't in the registry for one reason or another.

I knew it doesn't explain it completely, but it was a poke at an idea which I was hopeing someone else might know more about.

redduc900

Inactive Moderator
When you upgraded to the Gigabyte board, did you perform a clean install of Windows...or did you just load the previous install? Also, what model board are you running now, and which board did it replace...pertains to whether or not you did a clean install or not.

deeman

ya i replaced a processor without reinstalling windows and all it would show was the amount of ram. When i did reinstall the os everything was back to normal so as redduc900 said if its an old install it wont show up