• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't set sw 1 to 166fsb!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

No matter what I do, I can't get this ga7vaxp to run on 166 external clock! All you have to do is have pc2700 ram in there, and switch the sw1 switch so its at 166 fsb. After that it should post and then you go into the bios and set the ram speed. Cept it will not post. :( :( :( The ram is a 512mb stick of winbond bh-6 chips. The pcb is painted silver and it has a life time warranty. Symbols look like its a Delta and Ohms. (whatever company that is.. winbond?) The system will only run at 133mhz. :(

bldegle2

1700+

if it ain't unlocked, 166 will be a problem, definately.

lets see, that would be 10.5x166 is 1743mhz (or is the x 11?).

unlock it, or get a 1600+, the newest issues clock like no ones business, most, if not all, are hitting the 166, and i have read several threads with 175 plus, one even to 195, with a factory ship that is locked.

you might want to consider a $50 investment in a 1600+ when Newegg gets them back in stock.

baldy:cool:

DiaperGravy

Tyranos said:
No matter what I do, I can't get this ga7vaxp to run on 166 external clock! All you have to do is have pc2700 ram in there, and switch the sw1 switch so its at 166 fsb. After that it should post and then you go into the bios and set the ram speed. Cept it will not post. :( :( :( The ram is a 512mb stick of winbond bh-6 chips. The pcb is painted silver and it has a life time warranty. Symbols look like its a Delta and Ohms. (whatever company that is.. winbond?) The system will only run at 133mhz. :(

Did you change your CPU Core Voltage? if not, you may want to give that a try.... Give it like 1.80v at first then if that works you can up it or lower it till stable.

Good luck! :beer:

DpGravy

OP
Tyranos

Tyranos

No, see.. the mobo is behaving like it doesn't have a 1/5 divider at all. I can raise the FSB to 165, but without the correct divider it won't go higher. Sw1 in theory should at LEAST enable the bios to show the 166-200fsb settings. But if I set the sw1 to 166, it will act as if there is no signal going to the monitor, etc.