• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cap messed up K7D master

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bulk88

I got a Rev 1, no USB, no Lan, green K7D master board off of Ebay. I already have a red USB no lan one. I haven't booted the board up yet (supposedly working)(L5 mods for my applebredd drying and still need to do cache one (more complicated)), but on visual inpection it has bursting/leaking caps. I think the board will have a stability problem but not sure yet. Also I can do basic soldering jobs (haven't ever had to extract solder but I've seen it done with a solder wick), but I would much rather RMA the board with MSI. It came in its original box but no recipt. I don't know should do. I don't know if ignoring the problem will work. This board only cost me $100 (you can see I am cheap, but my parents only make 30K a year) so I don't want to give up on it (better the $185 retail).

cmcquistion

IT Director Senior
RMA it now. MSI will send you a good one that you won't have to fix and it will have working USB. If you try to fix this one, yourself, then you will void your warranty and won't be able to ever RMA it.

petey16981

I just RMA'ed my K7D master, it has a two year warranty, so be quick, I had just 3 months left. Still waiting for my board to be shipped back.

OP
B

bulk88

cmcquistion said:
RMA it now. MSI will send you a good one that you won't have to fix and it will have working USB. If you try to fix this one, yourself, then you will void your warranty and won't be able to ever RMA it.

Hey CMC, the board I got back guess what, doesn't have USB and is a rev 1 (green pcb). It has posted and installed a copy of win2k plus there are no damaged caps seen by the eye, BUt why would there be in the first place.

ShadowCat66

Well at least it a new working model,I would have guessed that they would have sent a a red one also.Must still have some laying around.

Unless they went through and replaced all the caps and cleaned the board for ya.