• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Capture Card For A PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ad05

Registered
Okay so I was going to get a haupagge HD PVR 1212 to record some clips from my xbox and from the TV. However, i would also like to record clips that are played on my computer (instead of using frapps or something that slows my computer down). I would just like to know an easy way to connect the HD PVR to my graphics card, so that it records the signal, and then sends it back to my monitor.

My graphics card is SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4870

and my monitor is SAMSUNG 2253BW Black 22

oh and my sound is coming from a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium (not sure if that helps)

I found out there is an S-Video in on the fron side. Can i plug this into my graphics card?

Well thank you in advance and i really hope someone can help me out

pjp

Registered
If you want to capture HDMI (hi def) from your xbox I recommend a Black Magic Design capture card (Intensity is the line I think).

Ive never heard of using a capture card on a computer to capture the same compters video, only with a seperate PC...

tinymouse2

Just use an HDMI dongle and run it though a TV recorder then run it from the recorder to a TV or whatever you want. A basic TV recorder will cost about 50 quid and you can use it for TV recording as well.

Hopefully the 4870 has an audio loop cable so you can record audio at the same time.

As for capture cards, I don't recommend them. A friend got one and it never really worked. Cost him more than a TV recorder with HDMI input and the quality always seemed shockingly bad for some reason.