• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Capture system sound?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

Ok I have done this in the past but I forgot how. Somehow I used winamp to capture some line in stuff but I remember that I would also capture any system sounds going on. Now I just want to capture some system sounds.(Like anything that comes out of the speakers) How do I do this? I bet it's easy but I am a little rusty. Thx

TimDgsr

i'm sure there are several ways of doing this. winamp might can do it, but i hate screwing around with it for anything other than playing music. there's a program my friend uses called all sound recorder xp. there's a free demo that let's you record up to a minute of sound. perfect for grabbing lines from movies and things like that. the only problem i saw with it is it records volumes really low, but i didn't get a chance to play with it much, so that very well could be user error.