• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Card for Games Like Jump Start 2nd Grade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stupid Boy

Here is the thread where I posted the specs for a couple systems that I will be assembling.

My biggest problem is determining which video card to get.

One system will be used for Photoshop and M$ Office.
The other system will be used for AIM, M$ Office and games like Jump Start 2nd Grade.

I'm sure that an MX440 will be fine for the Photoshop system, but I'll probably get a better one because price is not important.

What card should I get for the other system?

Thanks

Running the apps you listed, any card will be fine so long as it does 32bit color ;-).

Just about anything will work. For the kid's computer you can probably stick with integrated and save some money. Maybe a gf4 or one of the 9550 cards.

Hope this helps

You could go to the dump and dig around for some old trident cards and they would work just fine. High end 3d accelerators realy only offere advantages in 3d. Might as well go as cheap as you can.

You don't have a TNT2 or anything laying around?

Well, anyway, I'd go with whatever you can find for cheap, or if you go with the MX440 any brand should do.

Back