• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CAS 2 - CL 2 Corsair DDR XMS memory AMD motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bangwhiz

I have an old EPOX 9NPA-Ultra MB running Opty 165 at 2.85Ghz. It has 2 GB CAS 3 value ram. I want to swap out the ram for 2 GB Cosair CL2 XMS memory I bought on ebay for 9 bucks. I saw a post somewhere that said AMD motherboards could not run this memory with a cas 2 setting. That would mean I would have to select cas 2.5 w/my board. Does anyone know if AMD motherboards cannot run this memory with a CAS 2 setting in BIOS? Memory is Corsair XMS3200 400MHZ CL 2. Appreciate any help.

My primary rig is in my sig, but I use the Opty as a media server on my upstairs HD TV.

I don't know about your board in particular, but I ran my DFI SLI-DR and SLI-DR Expert boards with a kit of Corsair TWINX1024-3200XL (rated at 2-2-2-5-1T timings at 400MHz) with 2-2-2-5 and 2-3-2-5 timings at 2.6v with no problems. (and a kit of TWINX2048-3200C2, that was rated at 2-3-2-6 IIRC)

Ran with Atlhon 64's, Athlon 64 X2's, and Opteron single and dual-core CPU's with no problems. At least no problems I didn't cause myself anyway.

Back