• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case [email protected] Newegg Black Mid-Tower shipped FRONT IDE!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anvil82

The front ide is for coolness :D

Too bad it's out of stock, it looks like it has a lot of fan room.

One question though.

Where is the front SATA!! :D

OP
stompah

stompah

Deep Pain Senior Member
{PMS}fishy said:
Pardon me if I missed some trend, but what is the point in front IDE?
pure 1337ness!

Actually if your like me and you are constantly fubaring your rig up you could use this for easier backup and if you can get the system to boot from the external hard drive rather than the internal you could make recovering easier and possible make fixing Windows problems easier.

There are a lot of uses. It sure as hell beats a USB drive.

cherryp00t

considering there's a front power too.. thats pretty cool.. you can use a internal HD for backup instead of buying an expensive external usb one or wateva

aka665

Registered
yea, the only reason i can see ppl using the front IDE is if you're backing up stuff, or if you're at a lan, and think transferring stuff through the network is too slow, you can secretly take the guy's harddrive while he's sleeping and hook it up to your comp...

I guess really it's just something to look at, and also to put it in their specs...

snyper1982

aka665 said:
yea, the only reason i can see ppl using the front IDE is if you're backing up stuff, or if you're at a lan, and think transferring stuff through the network is too slow, you can secretly take the guy's harddrive while he's sleeping and hook it up to your comp...

I guess really it's just something to look at, and also to put it in their specs...

what about someone who does a lot of video editing? that could save him a ton of time. it could save a lot of time for someone who backs up a lot. there are MANY uses for it. not every product is designed for every person. lol.

OP
stompah

stompah

Deep Pain Senior Member
Bump, just got the case today. 3days to get it to me +1 when noone was home.

First off this a heavy beast! Its nice and long sould be able to handle a PSu/120mm fan/long optical drive. very nice since last time I had clearance issues. Has nice flat thin plastic 51/2 bay covers. Should be easy to mod if I choose to. It also came with two ICE branded 80mm fans on front one rear, has a second rear hole for anothe 80mm fan, unsure about the front.

Quality is pretty good. One minor scratch on the side panel at its edge as if someone dragged another panel on it for a few millimeters. and the paint has a speck of metal in it causing a sharp spot midpanel. The feet are the stick on type which I know I will knock off (not mounted, DIY). No power cable for front IDE. I will have to fabricate one.

For $20 anyone who was looking for a decent cheap case for regular use really missed out.

I am sure if you did not want the front IDE and power supply you can mod it and maybe include some sort of fan control. Lots of flat space for a large window. Like I mentioned before its long and should be 120mm top blowhole friendly.

Havent used it since I am waiting to mod it. Gonan cut out the fan grills and add a third maybe fourth 80mm fan and run them at 5 or 7 volts depending on noise level. Definitely gonna add a 120mm blowhole and stealth the bolt holes as I have before. I may create a rear fan control panel. Basically a bunch of push button switches if I can find some that can handle the amperage of the 120mm. Oh and I am gonna start looking to match the black so I can color match my optical drives. I dont have the money for a custom mix auto paint so I hope flat black spray can paint or vinyl die will work. If not I will attempt to stealth them. If I do I plan on opening the drives and wiring remote switches and slotting one of the covers for my Pioneer drive. That would be sweet.

I rambled, later to all who read this.

Albaholic

thats pretty cool, better than leading an ide cable out of one of the bays like i did.... the $20 is awesome