• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case and Radiator Recommendations?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord09

Hello,

I'm looking for a new case that accepts 120mm intake/exhaust fans, so that I can mount a radiator there, primarly on the exhaust side. I 120mm blowhole would be nice too, incase I wanted to add another loop or something.

Any recommendations for a case and radiator that will fit there? I have a heatcore now, but there's no way it looks like it would mount properly on the exhaust fan side. How about the Black Ice Pros or the JR Heatercore?

Thanks all,

Dan

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
I believe that the JR120 will perform better than the black ice...probably less restrictive too.

I believe the Antec Sonata and the Antec (AMB?) 3700 use 120mm fans as exhuast. Look for those two on Newegg. The 3700 is a very reasonably priced case.

OP
L

Lord09

Hmm.. the JR still seems kinda big, anyone have any experience moutning one?

Any other recommednations?

DP

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
I don't have any experience, but I'm guessing you could drill a few holes in the case and bolt it on...either inside or outside.

The JR120 is about as big as a 120mm fan, so I would think it'd be a good option.

wannaoc

Well the Jr is a little smaller than a standard heatercore from what I understand and for the most part those fit in almost any case. Granted you usually have to remove the hdd rack and maybe even the floppy on small cases but it will fit. Yo ucould give a black ice extreme a try, they are almost equal in size to a 120mm fan and I think there is still one in the classifieds even.

For the case the Antec amb3700 should work for you, actually almost all their newer stuff has 120mm fans so look into those. Also the chieftec and other clones work good, they have a removable hdd rack and plenty of room for a w/c setup but only can use 92mm fans in the back and the 120mm in the front has to be drilled as well.