• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case design

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ss69nova

I was sitting here looking at my pile of computers and i was trying to think of a way to save space. the answer i came up with would be one big case. Make a case that has shelfs in it, one shelf per mobo and psu, the shelves would be horzontal,and open on both ends. So i could put a box fan on both sides of the case. basicly a bunch of old p1 case's stacked up.

my question is why did thay change the design from a lay down to a tower? Anyone have any ideas?

Was it just to save space?

Serraph

Sounds like a good idea if you have alot of computers. Having the case vertical gives you alot more room for bay devices. It's easier to fit four 5.25" bays, 3.5" bays, and harddrive racks in a vertical case than in a horizontal case. It does take up less floor space like you said.

DRaZZ

be sure to have alot of cooling, with all those componets generating heat, it may be wise to water cool, as the fans needed would creat a LOT of noise !

OP
S

ss69nova

i guess i am blessed with the ablitly to sleep through anything. Right now have four systems going and three box fans. I have another two duron 950's on the way. So i guess i am going to try it. I don't know what i am going to make it out of. My first thoughts where to make it out of wood, Cheaper and easier to work with. or maybe plexeglass?

Just a thought..... the mobo's are grounded to the psu and thay are grounded to the wall outlets right? So i don't have to worry about grounding them.