• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stiffler69

i have a chenbro gaming bomb/xpider case, it came with 1 case fan its a 92mm the case can take 80,92 or 120mm fans and i was thinking of adding another one. i cant decide what size to ge 92 or 120mm. also the one i have now is a Top Motor and has DF1209SM on it thats all i can see for info. can someone tell me if that fan is any good or what. and what kinda fan should i get i need one more fan. for either front or rear.

legendary

The specs for the Top Motor fan can be found here. A bigger fan can always push more air and do it more quietly than a smaller sized fan. A 120mm Panaflo L1A case fan is nice and quiet.

onx

one problem though, if you have more fans blowing out rather than in, or fans blowing out which blow more air than the fans blowing in (even same fans but an intake with a filter), you may run into the problem of the exhaust fan sucking in air from places where you dont expect it to and creating an unsightly dust problem (dust on your cd rom drive face plates)

onx

one idea is you can use a 120 mm fan which moves as much air as your current one but runs at a lower rpm and is quieter than your current 90mm fan

OP
Stiffler69

Stiffler69

so best idea would be to get another 90mm fan or get both a 120mm and another 120mm?

NicePants42

But like onx mentioned, if you get two 120mm fans, it would be a good idea to run the exhaust at a lower RPM than the intake (which should be filtered), in order to maintain positive case pressure and keep the dust off your components.

dalilman52

hey gj on the case choice bro, i have one myself but there are just a few things about it i really don't like

the 120mm fan adapter for the rear doesnt work very well, it only lets u use fans that have the notch between the screw holes, and it locks the fan into place, so if u had a fan like the evercool aluminum 120mm fan, it wouldnt work (i have this fan and it really pis*ed me off when it didnt work) so i had to just mod my own 120mm hole in

fans_12025.jpg
as u can see from the picture, there isnt the notch between the screw holes so my fan didnt work with the adapter

u should have more air flowing in then out to minimize dust, so add a 92 mm fan in the front, the top motor should be fine, then if u have any tools, u can mod in a 92mm (for max air-flow with less noise) in the bottom left corner of the side panel below the left of the B so it blows over ur expansion cards

so what im saying is, have one 92mm fan in the front, one on the bottom left of the side panel (both blowing in) then have a 120mm fan in the rear and then u should have good airflow

OP
Stiffler69

Stiffler69

i dont understand where in the bottom left?? have 2 side by side?? at the front?? and how would i set the rpm on those things? there is no room in the bottom left for a fan. i dont see a spot for it or u mean modd one in?

Last edited: