• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case for $40?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Project86

Is it possible to get a decent case AND psu for around $$40? It doesn't need to be super powerful, enough for say a 1.2 Duron, GF2ti, HD, CDR, the usual. I found some Foxxcon cases/psu on newegg for $35 or so, but they charge a lot for shipping, making it over $50. Anybody have any hook ups? I will always upgrade later when I get a new CPU or anything.

Thanks!

Lord Moreira

Banned till 9/16/03
the maxtop with psu and 2 aditional fans included for under 45 bucks
I have 1 and i'm modding it out
it's very big and has fans mounts for 5 fans if u want to add them
i got the white and grey
but u can get it white and dark blue also
Great deal
But!!!
If u upgrade ur cpu think ahead and get a Antec 430w power supply before u decide run it off the 350w power supply thats comes with the case.
PSU are the the component most overlooked in PC's today , and after 1ghz cpus power supplys are very important.
The case is this 1 HERE @ newegg

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
This isn't a bad deal if you're just looking for a case and PSU. Says the PSU meets AMD specs and it has plenty of room for fans...price plus shipping should be right at, or less, than $40.

CompGeeks is one of my favorite etailers and have ordered from there at least 2 dozen times without incident. Using the TECHBARGAINS coupon code may even get you 10% off, if it's still a valid code.

OP
Project86

Project86

I checked out that one from geeks.com I think I might get it. It seems pretty good overall, looks nice too. Thanks!

TUK101

The Genica cases from Computergeeks.com are pretty descent for the money. I have had two of them. I will warn you though, the psu that they come with is very low quality and will barely get you by till you can afford a good one. I would really really highly recomend getting a new psu soon. Also, watch yourself when installing the mobo, as the case edges have a tendency to be a big sharp. Good luck man, the case is a bargain at 25 bucks plus around 15 bucks for shipping.

OP
Project86

Project86

Nevermind, I decided to just go with the cheap one from Geeks, then updgrade the PSU later.