• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case for Server

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SRB442

I am building a pc to be a server in my house that will run all the time. There are hundreds of cases to choose from. I like the Antec Plus 1080 and have found it for $119 shipped from TechSavings.com. Are there any faults with this case. I like a bigger case because it is easier to work with. Would like some other ideas on cases people have used and the $120 is the max I would like to pay shipped. This will be a PIII system with asus TUSL2-C MB. Thanks Steve

X

---X---

That case is very popular, actually too popular IMHO; its a very good design. For this price, I can't think of anything that would beat it, and Im sure you'd have enough space for a standard ATX mobo.

OP
SRB442

SRB442

Went back to try and order it but they were out of stock. What would be a good second choice?. I hate when I snooze on something and miss out. Comp USA has it for $159. Steve

[EG]~NaTz~

buy a full tower!!! na i dont know how serious of a server are you running?like are u running a scsi drives or anything in raid? yah know fll length cards or is it just ur standar atx server?

if it is just a standard comp i would go out an buy a plain old beige steel box and mod it to be what i wanted u could pay like 25 dollars on a brand new case and have one nicer than an antec...

OP
SRB442

SRB442

I was able to get it from KDC for about $20 more. The reviews on the company that had it cheaper were not all that strong anyway. My friend is helping set this up but will be running software raid 1 for mirroring in case somthing happens to the first drive. Steve