• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case painting - Interior

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Obsidian

As i've never really done much along the lines of case modding(hehe my case moddin gf did it all for me) I decided to purchase a new case for me to learn on, I chose the black Chieftec dx-01 to be my victim. First thing i did was fill a buch of holes i could not identify a purpose for with bond, then sanded those places flat. what i want to do first is paint the interior of the case, I think i've settled on a deep midnight blue color. I think that will mix pretty well with the blue cc and small uv i'll be putting in. Now i've read through several guides here and other places on painting (as well as gotten advice from gf). These guided are very good and give me thoughts, only thing is none of them really cover interior painting. On the interior the metal is already bare and is already very smooth although not perfectly flat, that wont matter since i dont want a mirror shine on the interior. With that smooth bare metal, should i rough it up a little with a high grit sandpaper fist, or can i just spray on the primer,sand it lightly and then lay on my main color coats?