• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case & Power Supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

karl472001

Registered
I am building a computer for my brother who is going to college and need help with choosing a case & power supply.

Here is what I have so far:
1 Seagate 120GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model ST3120026A, OEM
2 Kingston 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200 - Retail
1 Intel "D865PERLL" i865PE Chipset Motherboard for Intel Socket 478 CPU -RETAIL
1 Intel Pentium 4/ 3.0E GHz 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache, Hyper Threading Technology - Retail
1 Albatron nVIDIA GeForce FX5700 Video Card, 256MB DDR, 128-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "FX5700Q" -RETAIL
(Haven't chosen CD drive yet)

I am trying to find a case that will keep it cool but does not make a lot of sound.

I was looking at this antec at new egg: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-115&depa=1 , but I am not sure if it is enough power for this pc as well as not too loud.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help! :)

p.s. I don't think he plans on overclocking.

Hookem

That is a nice setup...The Antec 430 TruePower is a very capable power supply and the case with the 5 80m/m fans cools with the best of them.

On the CD end of it...The NEC 2500A DVD burners are nice...Can be had for under 80.00 dollars.

OP
K

karl472001

Registered
I looked up that dvd burner and it seems to be pretty nice. Think I will see if that is okay with my brother. Thanks for advice. :)

bluediamond

That is a great case and power supply with plenty of power for that setup.

and...WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

JKeefe

Nice case. I also recommend the Antec SLK3700AMB or the SLK3700BQE.

This has nothing to do with cases or power supplies, but it is very important. You do not want to get a P4 3.0E processor. You should get a P4 3.0C processor instead. It will run cooler and it is faster than the 3.0E. The C chip has a Northwood core and the E is a Prescott core; clock for clock Northwoods are almost always faster than Prescotts.